Monday 14 July 2014

Week 15 EPP - Victorian Tile


This block is based on a Victorian tile from Pinterest.  

The original image was too small and when I blew it up the lines went all fuzzy.  



I drew round the shapes and adapted the design a bit, numbering each piece so I could keep them in the right order. 



I didn't have time to complete the appliqué in time for the Monday Morning Star Count because I had four hours of sitting in a deck chair to get done. And then there was the world cup final.  

I hope to catch up next week when I am going to try curved pieces. (I've said it now, so I'm going to do it.)


This piece has 33 shapes in it, bringing my total to 786.  I will of course be linking up over at Life Under Quilts.  Jessica's link up has helped me - and many others - to keep going with this project.  Thanks, Jessica!


8 comments:

  1. The block looks fantastic.

    Greetings, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like! It could also be adapted into a Christmas snowflake. Definitely a favourite one.
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so impressed with your work. It's great how you find inspiration for EPP in a tile design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. another lovely block you have created for your quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative you are! This is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your work is so interesting! I really enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely interesting to see your process. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and encouragement, and will reply by email unless you are a "no reply blogger". Thank you.