It's finished! Fuzz decided it was hers as soon as it was stuffed and started going at it with her claws:
Apols for blurry action shot. Let me assure you that there were no pins in the cushion at this stage.
Here are a couple of progress pics. The top and bottom were machine quilted. If I made another one I would also quilt the sides as Liberty Lawn is so fine. The tiny hexagon templates were printed out from this website. I started in the middle and worked outwards until the piece was big enough (about 6 inches across - big enough not to get buried under fabric). Here's the back with the paper templates still in.
|The back of the patchwork top.|
|After quilting and sewing together. The side was a strip 2 inches wide.|
|This is the underside - the fabric is Speckle|
The cushion is stuffed with leftover bits of batting at the moment as I have not yet got my hands on the crushed walnut shells.
Thanks once again to Frances at Fabadashery for the inspiration.