I finished the Liberty Nine Patch. If you could only feel how soft and silky it is. It is 100% Liberty Tana Lawn, binding, backing and every last piece.
It was made from a sample book (you can read how I got hold of that here) and any scrap in my stash which was big enough to cut 4 or 5 2½ inch squares.
The sample book was very useful as it included lots of unusual darks which were great for contrast. Beautiful as Liberty is, I find it can look fuzzy from a distance if there isn't enough contrast.
It's big - 72 inches by 84 inches. I had intended it to be bigger but the sample book was running out.
Oddly I seem to have more fabric left than before - partly because through posting pictures on Instagram I was commissioned to make another Liberty quilt by a friend of a friend. She requested pink with contrasting darks. So I had to buy more, naturally. I'm piecing the back of that one now.
Linking up with Mrs Sew and Sow's Scraptastic Tuesday.