Monday 25 April 2016

Alhambra Star

This might be my longest ever work in progress. I first blogged about it in early 2015.  Just before Christmas I saw this Owen Jones canvas for sale in John Lewis:


I can do that, I thought.  So I started making another piece.



This one is based on a 3/4 inch equilateral triangle, chopped up in various ways.  The scale is rather small, but I have to keep it similar to the other pieces.



I think I may stop after this one and start joining up, but I'm not promising anything.

4 comments:

  1. As always, amazing! I love seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really gorgeous project. It's going to make for a really stunning finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!! What a revelation. My head is spinning. Who knew!!?? I absolutely love your pieced interpretation of the tile art. It captures everything that is beautiful about tile work and elevates it. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and encouragement, and will reply by email unless you are a "no reply blogger". Thank you.