Tuesday 1 October 2013

Liberty Lover's Bag

This is definitely a bag for lovers of Liberty Tana Lawn.  Perhaps a bit OTT but I like it - there are about thirty different Liberty Tana Lawns in this bag.  




 Lining: Small Susanna

Side pockets: Willow Rose

Rear pocket lining:  Strawberry Thief

Binding: Wiltshire

...and many more in the strip of EPP hexagons on the front flap 
and around the magnetic catch under the flap.

The idea was to make this bag without buying anything new apart from the leather strap.  I tried to use Peltex for the first time - it might be the last time.  It stuck on alright, but I found the fabric would not bend without looking creased.  I pulled it out and used layers of vilene interfacing instead. 

I'm pleased with the slip pockets in the side panels.  These should be useful for small items / tickets etc.

This bag's first outing might be to Liberty - why not?

Joining up with Crazy Mom's Friday Finish and with Small Blog Meet, which is a linky for blogs with less than 50 followers hosted by Lily's Quilts




17 comments:

  1. Love the teeny hexagons - what a lot of work! and the lining fabric is gorgeous. Nice to come and visit you and thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely bag and very well made! Love the bias binding and the topstitching. I am a recent Liberty's convert and have to stop myself buying more lovely prints off etsy. A trip to Liberty's sounds like the perfect first outing for this bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely bag - I agree that the binding rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful bag!! Never too many different Tana Lawns.
    Very well made too!
    Off to Liberty YEAH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a lovely bag I don't think it is OTT at all. I'm joining you from Lillys Quilts great fun looking at all the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh how wonderful......I love Liberty prints and your bag is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! It doesn't look handmade at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very impressive! I came over from Lily's. Nice to meet you and your blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great bag! Have you visited Shaukat on Old Brompton Road? You would be in Liberty heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. Head for the basement! They have lots of fabric which is no longer in stock at Liberty HQ and a good online service too - just remember the VAT which is added at the end....

      Delete
  10. Now there's a girl with a penchant for Liberty! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What Dasha said :) Love how the colors pop against those neutrals -- brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my...what beautiful work! The details you added to this bag are amazing. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bag is really fantastic. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This bag is totally awesome! Love love love! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate comments and encouragement, and will reply by email unless you are a "no reply blogger". Thank you.